GroundWatch respects your privacy. GroundWatch offers mapping, GPS navigation and community based services to users of www.groundwatch.io (the " Website ") and/or users of GroundWatch’s mobile application (the " Application ") (collectively referred to as the “ Services ").
- the information that GroundWatch collects from users;
- how that information is used by GroundWatch; and
- the rights and options available to users.
Contact GroundWatch / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact GroundWatch at [email protected] You may send GroundWatch other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at [email protected]
Information that is being collected
Whenever you use the Services, GroundWatch will collect:-
- detailed location information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. GroundWatch uses this location information to create a detailed location history and history of any incidents that you report while using the Application; and
- information about your use of the Services. See “Meta-data that we collect”, below;
Uses of Information
GroundWatch may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services.
For example, GroundWatch may:-
- use your location to provide information to other Groundwatch users of the location and type of any reported incidents.
- improve the experience of other users.
- to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- to create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does GroundWatch use aggregated information”, below;
- to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, GroundWatch and other users;
- to contact you when GroundWatch believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when GroundWatch has a good faith belief that GroundWatch’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Further information may be collected when GroundWatch exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact GroundWatch's support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
The Services are based on a community of users publicly sharing information with GroundWatch and with other members of that community.
In particular, users choose to share personal information such as location information and reports of incidents observed. This information may be shared either directly to the Service and to all users, such as in the case of incident reports.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted to GroundWatch.
You can decide whether or not to report incidents to the Services. However any content that you submit for posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by GroundWatch.
We, at GroundWatch, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Service. However, GroundWatch has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using GroundWatch, is entirely at your own risk. GroundWatch is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
Meta-data that we collect
GroundWatch collects information about the use of the Services and information from the device you have GroundWatch installed on. For example, GroundWatch may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, device name, operation system type, operating system version, battery usage, the web pages that you visit via the Application, incidents that you report, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the device that you are using to log-in and use GroundWatch on.
Sharing information with others
GroundWatch does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
GroundWatch will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in GroundWatch's good-faith discretion:
- as necessary for the operation of the Services. For example, making public incidents you report and which are associated with your location;
- If GroundWatch is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and GroundWatch, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where GroundWatch reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A and the European Union.
- To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to GroundWatch, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
How does GroundWatch use aggregated information?
GroundWatch may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
GroundWatch may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services and to the Services' providers. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to third parties in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the function of the Services.
GroundWatch considers information security to be a top priority. GroundWatch implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although GroundWatch takes great efforts to protect your personal information, GroundWatch cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that GroundWatch's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.